Write your comments of receptions of this Sunday. Click Comment-box below!
Latest updates below from Sunday:
- Loggings from Spain below
- Loggings from USA below
- Loggings from India below, three listeners in New Delhi!!!
- Fox 48 from Norway heard in USA today on 15.092 MHz (Fox 48 not listed to HF-weekend but was on the air)
- Radio Black Arrow also had short test this Sunday. Too much Telecom/police activity around!!!
- January 15: Baltic Sea R. 0830 SINPO - 44444. Cupid Radio 15.460 MHz 0905 SINPO - 35433 Alexander Golovikhin from Togliatti (Russia)
- Baltic Sea Radio heard in Vladivostok, Russia
- Poor conditions/propagation to Japan (tnx Mike) and Uzbekistan. Nothing heard there!
- B.S.R. heard in Togliatti and in Samara, Russia (21.500 MHz) this morning.
- Cupid Radio just heard in India on 15.460 MHz by three listeners!!
- WR International from UK heard weak on 12.257 MHz and B.S.R. on 21.500 MHz (Receiced in SW Finland)
- Baltic Sea Radio and Radio Borderhunter received in New Zealand yesterday
- Channel Z from USA was received in Japan (at late night Euro-time). Power only 16 Watts. The first music pirate station from USA ever received in Japan!
* * *
"I am sending you the stations I could listen to this weekend during the special DX test for your blog. Not many, but I think that conditions weren't good and there were not as many stations as the last time. Let's hope that things will be better the next time!"
Free Radio Victoria, 09.45 UTC, 6294 kHz, 23442, playing Bangles or Red Hot Chili Peppers, 23442
Radio Black Bird, 08.30 UTC, 15460 kHz, playing Chuck Berry, 23322
Baltic Sea Radio, 09.25 UTC, 21500 LSB, music, 33443
-Artur Fernández Llorella - MALGRAT DE MAR -SPAIN-
Undercover Radio from USA (not listed to HF-Weekend). 15.490 MHz heard in Finland by two listeners, Mike and Jone, I read that from pirate chat. -Rick-
USA (Skeezix, Minneapolis, USA)
1529Z Hearing Borderhunter on 15.500 MHz. SINPO 45333, about S7. Decent signal to Minneapolis, MN. - Skeezix-
USA (Jon Maples, Georgia, USA)
Conditions poor today...but one early logging to report:
Fox 48 from Norway (not scheduled to HF-Weekend) on 15.092 u @1200 utc SINPO...24222 at peaks -Jon Maples, Tallapoosa, Georgia USA-
USA (Olddxer, Ohio, USA)
Radio FOX 48, 1320 UTC, 15.092u. a week signal here this morning. It might be a little early for this freq. here. Could hear music and just occasional speech from the op. Probably about a 20% copy here.
Black Arrow, 1320 UTC, 21.490a, a good to fair signal here. The signal was stable but the noise floor was rising and falling. A real nice copy (with very nice audio) when the floor was low and an almost complete fade when the floor was high. Again a bit later in the day might yield better results. Thanks Black Arrow!
Borderhunter, 15.515 MHz, 1610 utc, just after switch from 15.100. Good signal here on top of variable noise floor signal strength is S6-8. Very good signal at times with outstanding audio quality and playing some great music this morning -Olddxer, OH, USA-
India (Listeners Kaustav, Raman and Alokesh in New Delhi)
Logs from New Delhi for Pirate Weekend - 14th Jan 2012
-Baltic Sea Radio - 18950 from 0705 UTC onwards Music, YL talk etc. 24322, feeble audio - Raman,VU3DJQ, New Delhi
-Baltic Sea Radio - 21500 kHz lsb at 0800 UTC is heard. Much better reception than 18950 - Raman,VU3DJQ, New Delhi
(No reception of 0800-0900 21900 Radio Borderhunter & 15460 100 W AM Radio Black Bird, Holland - Raman,VU3DJQ, New Delhi)
Baltic Sea Radio - 21500 lsb, heard a weak audio at 0950 UTC, no copy -
15th Jan 2012
-Baltic Sea Radio 21500 lsb - 25322 Much better reception than y'day - Raman VU3DJQ, New Delhi
-Cupid Radio 21460 AM 25322 - Kaustav Saha, New Delhi
-Cupid Radio 21460 AM 0944 UTC 24332 - Raman VU3DJQ
-Baltic Sea Radio 21500 lsb - 25322 ( improved to 35333) 0914 - 1012 UTC - Alokesh,VU3BSE, New Delhi
* There were only 2 from New Delhi who heard Cupid Radio, not heard by me this time due to heavy QRN - Alokesh,VU3BSE, New Delhi-
"Baltic Sea Radio 21500 kHz - reception in the far east of Russia, 80 km south Vladivostok. SINPO - 25322" Youtube -Oner-
Japan and Uzbekistan
Poor conditions (propagation) to Japan and Uzbekistan. Nothing heard there!
"Just heard from Cupid Radio, on air at 0900 UTC on 21460 !!"
At least two dxers from New Delhi, C.K.Raman VU3DJQ & Kaustav Saha logged Cupid Radio on 21460 AM at around 0944 UTC with nice audio, much better signal strength !!" -Alokesh Gupta-
"Following stations heard on 14th:
- Baltic Sea Radio 21500kHz LSB poor but peaking fair at times 0807UTC
- Possibly Borderhunter heard on 21900kHz at 0853 noted music at a rather poor level. No announcments. Off at 0903 UTC." -John Durham- Tauranga- NEW ZEALAND-
Japan (Listener: DFS)
"I heard 11428.34kHz at 2226UT. Channel Z Radio? So weak signal." Youtube
Channel Z (USA)confirms that the signal on the clip is ok. Channel Z was received in Japan with only 16 Watts of power on 11.428 MHz: "Holy crap, you heard Channel Z Radio in Japan! Your Youtube clip has the Japanese ID by a computer generated female voice, followed by the Edgar Winter Group with "Frankenstein". Just incredible! Thank you so much!"