Thanks for all the stations and listeners participating this global pirate happening on 14-15.1.2012. It was fun again!!
Next HF-Weekend will be 24-25.3.2012! I am sure there will be more stations on the air. Some will have new transmitters and antennas - so it will be very interesting!
I also hope to have more new stations participating this in March, the stations which were now on the air but did not sign in to the list to the blog.
In the future I can list only the frequency of the station, not the name
I suppose many stations are afraid to be raided if they are listed on my blog. So, I had nice suggestion from Rick on this: I give only the frequency (and perhaps the country), not the name of the station (or only in real time) in the future, if needed !!!!
About propagation in the future
I have been informed that F2-layer in ionosphere will give better conditions in spring and autumn (like was in Novermber 2011). So, I expect that in the end of March HF will be open better (forexample Ham-band 28 MHz is NOW almost dead here!!!). So, maximun usable frequency (MUF) is now lower, perhaps moving around 12-22 MHz, and giving very selective receptions to small areas around the world!!
The results of 14-15.1.2012 HF-Weekend
Despite of only a few stations on the air there were nice goals:
- Channel Z was received in Japan as first US-pirate, on 11.428 MHz with 16 Watts !!! Congratulations!!
- Borderhunter (Holland) and Undercover (USA) had transatlatic-QSO on 15.490 MHz. mp3-audio
- Cupid and Borderhunter had nice signals in New Delhi, India by three listeners
- Black Bird reached Japan as the only C-European station
- Baltic Sea and Borderhunter was heard in New Zealand again
- New HF-stations were on the air: Radio Shadow, Fox 48, Alpenroos, WEMP.
However, I expected to have more new listeners from all over the world because there were so many new visitors to the blog. Propagation was not good but the bands were not dead either!